With decreased business, employers have some supervisors and employees with extra time. This would be an excellent time to catch supervisors and employees up on important workplace training. While training sessions are usually conducted in person, all meetings – personal and professional – are now being handled virtually. One of the key issues with in-person training is to allow questions and answers. Luckily, this can still be easily managed with remote training.
Below is a list of training BrownWinick is currently offering:
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation – for employees (helps avoid issues and can provide important legal defenses)
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation – for supervisors (helps avoid issues and can provide important legal defenses)
- Supervisor Drug Testing Training – for supervisors (required annually by Iowa law for employers who conduct drug testing)
- How To Document Employee Issues – for supervisors and any others involved in performance evaluations or discipline or providing input
- Hiring, Firing and Performance Evaluations – for supervisors and any others involved in these decisions or providing input
- Handling Workplace Investigations – for Human Resources personnel and/or supervisors involved in handling investigations
- Identifying Protected Employee Complaints – supervisors, high-level executives and boards of directors
We encourage establishing a regular schedule for training required or encouraged by law – as well as a system to document that the trainings were conducted. Even if they are not required, these training sessions can provide valuable information for your workforce and avoid workplace issues.